The Magritek’s Kea2 is a lightweight, compact and portable, yet powerful, nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectrometer with the following features:
- Models from DC to 400 MHz
- Optional second transmit channel
- Optional high stability oven controlled oscillator
- Optional four channel imaging module
- External input trigger
- Can operate off a 24 V battery
The extended operating range and features of the Kea2 series makes it useful for a wide range of applications:
- Spectroscopy, time domain relaxation and imaging
- Mobile permanent magnets
- High frequency superconducting magnets
- Ultra-low frequency systems (e.g. Earth’s Field)
- Single-sided NMR
Direct Digital Transmit and Detect
The Kea2 uses no intermediate mixing frequencies — meaning no quadrature issues. Kea2’s 1 GHz digital transmit circuit performs direct waveform synthesis at up to 400 MHz. The receive module directly digitises the NMR signal at 100 MHz for a high quality, low noise NMR signal. This is the same technology used in most modern high field NMR spectrometers but is available with Kea for a fraction of the price.
It is a lightweight, low-footprint Kea2 spectrometer which is convenient to use in almost any environment. Powered by two standard 12 V car batteries, the Kea2 can be operated far afield in any remote location.