T-PAINE will cover all aspects of physical assurance and inspections using our advanced microscopy capabilities at SCAN lab in FICS Research Institute which is unique in the nation and even in the world. Students will learn advanced failure analysis tools and how they can be used for physical assurance and inspection of electronic systems and components. T-PAINE shall leverage the SCAN lab facilities and provide an environment for hands-on implementation, training, and evaluation.This new training program is offered exclusively at the University of Florida and prepares undergraduates for careers in Department of Defense Agencies.
T-PAINE, Summer Offer Includes:
- 9 week summer internship at the University of Florida (June 1 to August 1, 2020) on Physical Assurance and Inspection of Electronics (PAINE)
- Fully funded attendance at IEE PAINE Conference in Washington, D.C. (http://paine-conference.org/)
- $5,000 summer stipend (minimum, perhaps slight larger)
- Daily contact with professors
- Weekly game nights, campus tours, bowling nights, and pizza socials!
- Certificate presented on behalf of the MEST center
- Guest lectures from government and industry
- UF residence hall housing
- Meal allowance (~$500 – $800)
- Roundtrip travel to Gainesville, FL (flights or mileage reimbursement)
- Seminars, workshops, social events, etc.
- Preparation for full time employment after bachelor’s degree graduation in Defense Related Government Agencies:
- Air Force, Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Laboratories
- DARPA, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- DCSA, Defense Couterintelligence and Security Agency
- DHA, Defense Health Agency
- DIA, Defense Intelligence Agency
- DISA, Defense Information Systems Agency
- DTRA, Defense Threat Reduction Agency
- NSA, national Security Agency
- PFPA, Pentagon Force Protection Agency